Monday, September 26

Pohang's Biggest Loser

Biggest Loser is coming to Pohang! :) I don't want to make this a long drawn out post about how unhappy I am with my weight - but bottom line: I've gained weight in the year I've lived in Korea - and to be honest, I wasn't at my ideal weight before then.

My body doesn't handle white rice as well as a Korean woman's body does, I crave comfort, unhealthy foods more than I did when they were readily available in America, I haven't worked out in who knows when, and dating a guy who has the metabolism of a hummingbird and brings me McDonald's in bed hasn't helped.  :)

When I visited home, the first thing out of my great- grandmother's mouth, bless her, was "Well looks like you put on some weight" :) haha NOT music to my ears, my grandmother tried to come to my rescue, and said "Grandmother that's not what she wants to hear" and my Great-grandmother not missing a beat replied, "Well, that just means she likes the food".  Prime example of what I'd like to NOT have happen to me again.

So, one of the girls in Pohang is organizing a weight loss/fitness competition.  There are about 25 girls in Pohang participating all with different fitness goals. We each paid 20,000 won ($20) We took our initial BMI's and arms, thighs, hips, and waist measurements, and weekly we will input our stats. The contest started September 22nd, and will finish December 22nd, right before Christmas. There will be money prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place!

I'm really excited, and feel like having this accountability will be really helpful.  Even if I don't win, hopefully I'll drop some weight and start to get healthy.  My starting BMI is 26 - which means I am currently overweight.  My beginning weight is higher than 169 and lower than 171. :( No matter how much I dislike those #s now, I know come December they will be much lower! :) So, my goals are to eat healthier, I joined Biggest Loser Club online to track my calorie intake, and I joined a gym - so I'd like to make it there 3-4 times a week. I've never tried weight loss before, but I know with other goals in life, I'll need to focus not just on the # on the scale, but controllables - what goes in my mouth and how many times I go to the gym! :) Should be an interesting next few months.

Ready to get my fitness on! :)
xoxo Soon to be Skinny Em!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...